“The lady doth protest too much…” This article suggests to me that the writer or those who have paid to writer has a hidden agenda. And I’ll cite that science has made our world into a shit hole where we are now browbeaten into accepting and trusting conventional gangster snake oil medicine, pesticides, herbicides, fluoride, mercury laced vaccines, etc., and so on, all of which is touted to be good for us but which is poison to us while we are ridiculed and discouraged by science “experts” from using natural solutions. Science and scientists have betrayed us. And why? Because they are funded by those who want to continue to poison us. If the writer of this article is in earnest, then the writer has been thoroughly, successfully indoctrinated into serving on the wrong side of history.
You are eligible for a full refund if no ShippingPass-eligible orders have been placed. You cannot receive a refund if you have placed a ShippingPass-eligible order. In this case, the Customer Care team will remove your account from auto-renewal to ensure you are not charged for an additional year and you can continue to use the subscription until the end of your subscription term.
I looked up the science, because I'm really curious and frankly want a solution to the mold growth in my house. It seems that salt (NaCl) will only release negative ions at temperatures over 800 degrees Celsius. Some other chemicals present in the salt may reduce this temperature, but only slightly. So it seems unlikely a salt lamp will be releasing any ions. If it does, the negative ions will be chlorine gas - a poison. Chlorine is used, of course, as a disinfectant so it isn't completely impossible that low levels of chlorine gas emission could produce some of the positive effects described by users of salt lamps -- reduction in airborne pathogens could limit mold growth and allergies. But I'm
A Himalayan salt lamp is a lamp formed from natural Himalayan salt and absorbs water and particles from the air. It removes negative ions, and replaces them with positive ions, while  purifying  the air and keeping your lungs clear. Salt crystal is perfect for those with allergy sensitivity, as the salt lamps work to purify the air and emit ions for better air quality. The light glow of the lamp itself creates a calming sensation that is perfect for rejuvenation, relaxation and reflection.
The other claim, discussed in more detail below, has to do with a study published on the effects of ionization in neural structures and blood flow in laboratory rats. In a similar issue of blindly comparing different scales, these rats (which are both not human and much smaller than humans) were directly fed negatively ionized air at high concentrations that would be inconceivable for a block of salt to produce, even if it did produce some small amount of ions.
Received 2 as a Christmas gift from my husband hoping to help with my sinuses. Can't speak for that as I've only had them on for 2 days. They are nice size. Love them and plan to purchase 2 more for my house. Love that they have a dimmer switch but wish it were closer to the lamp as you have to see the cord or reach behind other things to turn it on/off. I just leave mine on.
I looked up the science, because I'm really curious and frankly want a solution to the mold growth in my house. It seems that salt (NaCl) will only release negative ions at temperatures over 800 degrees Celsius. Some other chemicals present in the salt may reduce this temperature, but only slightly. So it seems unlikely a salt lamp will be releasing any ions. If it does, the negative ions will be chlorine gas - a poison. Chlorine is used, of course, as a disinfectant so it isn't completely impossible that low levels of chlorine gas emission could produce some of the positive effects described by users of salt lamps -- reduction in airborne pathogens could limit mold growth and allergies. But I'm
What's more, the amount of air in the room is so huge relative to the size of the rock crystals that few of the pollutants circulating in the room could stick to the surface of the rock salt. Even if the lamps did manage to attract pollutants, the surface of the rock salt would quickly become coated with pollutants and no more could stick. Meanwhile, the air supply is always being replenished, either through ventilation systems or open doors or windows, bringing ever-more air pollutants into the room, he said.
 While “radioactive waves” are not—strictly speaking—a thing, what the author is likely talking about is an electromagnetic field generated by household electronics. The issue is that the only problem a salt lamp (via its dubious negative ionizer mechanism) would theoretically solve is a preponderance of positively charged ions in the air which would be in turn neutralized by the negative ions. An electromagnetic field will only generate ions if the voltage is high enough to cause an electric discharge, and the electromagnetic fields generated by household appliances are not that that strong, per the WHO:
One of the health detriments of breathing lots of positive ions in the air is that the cilia (microscopic hairs) which line the trachea (aka: windpipe) become sluggish and don’t work as well to keep contaminants out of our lungs. As a Himalayan pink salt lamp absorbs water and particles from the air, it also takes positive ions with them. Then, when the heated salt releases cleansed water vapor back into the air, it also expels negative ions which have the opposite effect on our airways – increasing cilial activity to keep your lungs clear.
In addition to generating negative ions which improve mood and energy levels, the soft, natural light given off by a Himalayan pink salt lamp is close enough to the warm glow of sunshine that they can even be used to relieve the symptoms of Seasonal Affective Disorder. This year when the days get shorter, fight back the lethargy by surrounding yourself with a few HPS lamps set on timers.

Don't use a salt lamp and a humidifer together. I did it, and my entire house was covered with a thin salt layer. It seems that the humidifier water carried the salt particles all over the house. It took me days to clean the piano black electronics (Xbox 360 S, black Wii, TV) and my book cases (books were covered in a layer of salt as well). Horrible experience.
×